Breaking News & Updates
If ANZ Bank Buys MYOB will you EVER need to reconcile again? - eepurl.com/h5nqbH
$197 Beginners to Advanced Microsoft Excel Course includes Exercise Files
One of the best ways of learning how to use a program is to use that program during your training. Some people can sit with programs like Microsoft Excel and learn by trying something out and making mistakes and then trying again.
[box type=”tick”]We’ve discovered that Microsoft Excel course students want to work with real world files in a logical step-by-step method that uses the exercise files for the basic skills and then keep using that file for the more advanced skills.[/box]
By the end you’ll have a powerful Microsoft Excel spreadsheet using advanced skills and because you learnt in a logical and methodical way, using gradually more complicated tools, you’ll have learnt most of the Microsoft Excel skills you’ve wanted and won’t even notice the time go by.
Real World Use of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
- Worksheet that enables you to lay out information in a logical fashion and then perform calculations with that data
- Database that lists all of the information in a tabular format that can then be filtered and manipulated into a format that can be used in mail merges etc, and
- Charts and graphs that visually present the information in a worksheet or table so that we humans can make sense of the information
Here are some of the ways that we use Microsoft Excel for our training business.
Present information for use in newspaper ads
In Microsoft Excel Course 303 we look at formulas and formatting and one exercise file we share with students and an example of what’s possible using Excel is the artwork we created for the newspaper ads for our courses at our training centres in Sydney. The table structure of Excel enables us to lay the information out precisely and if we need to change the dates
What costs us the most money
Yes, you can see the costs of running a business in a simple table, but when you put it in a chart you can visually see the differences in costs and in our 305 course on charting we’ll show you how to create the various different types of pie, line and bar charts as well as many other types. You’ll learn how to format the charts to make certain areas stand out and you’ll learn how to demonstrate trends.
Budgets and forecasting
It’s great when you have historical information to work with because you can spend a lot of time working out percentages, margins, budgets etc to try to figure out how you will go in the future. We include many exercise files in Microsoft Excel Course 306, including files to help you:
- Maintain a household (or business budget)
- Calculate sales margins and commissions for sales people (we have several different versions of this file to demonstrate how the file should look at the various stages of creating it).
- Create a price list (including all wholesale product costings – that will be hidden from view)
Making the right decisions
When we operated our training centres in Sydney we spent a lot of our time scheduling courses. We had to allocate training rooms, roster on our great trainers, print training materials and we needed to know when people where coming to courses. We discovered that most people who wanted to learn Microsoft Excel did a night class. We had these variables to work with:
- The courses
- What days people had come to these courses in the past
- The time of the day that students had enrolled into these courses: morning, midday, evening or weekend.
- Different training methods (class-based and Flexible Learning)
By discovering the best days and times that students had enrolled into courses from the past we were able to better schedule our courses to get the most students. It means we didn’t need to cancel courses.
See the contents of Microsoft Excel Course 308 for more information.
Figure out how to make more profit
In a business you can build a bigger business and make more profit by
- increasing sales,
- cutting costs,
- focussing on your most profitable customers,
- focussing on your most profitable products,
- decreasing the time it takes to get your money (cash sale or terms).
Using Goal Seek in Microsoft Excel we discovered something that’ll help all independent contractors run a better more profitable business.
-- Did you like what you read? Want to receive these posts via email when they are published? Subscribe below.