Breaking News & Updates
Since we started an online training business in 2007 we've written dozens of blog posts to help people learn the skills to work from their own home. Read them here and Upskill to work from home: ezylearn.com.au/tag/work-from…
WordPress is used as a Content Management System (CMS) for millions of small business websites around the world. WordPress is like the Microsoft Word for Websites and we have a course that will teach you how to use it as a blogger, article and news writer all the way up to a WordPress administrator. In fact at the end of this course you will learn enough to get your own website up and running as well as help others create and maintain their own website.
The best part of this course is that it entitles you to the EzyLearn LIFETIME membership feature, so when we update it with new content about marketing your website you can access the new information for no extra cost. For more information and to enrol, visit our WordPress course website.
What’s included in our WordPress Online Course (you can click these links if you are an existing student):
WordPress Pages and Posts
- Video 1: The WordPress Website Introduction Resource
- Video 2: Pages and Posts Resource
- Video 3: Administration Dashboard Resource
- Video 4: Page Information Resource
- Video 5: Modifying Pages Resource
- Video 6: Structuring Pages Resource
- Video 7: Page Order Resource
- Video 8: Hyperlinks Resource
- Video 9: Inserting Paypal Button code Resource
- Video 10: Insert and Manage Images Resource
- Video 11: Post Categories Resource
- Video 12: Post tags Resource
Administration Privileges and Settings
With Administrator priveleges you are now able to affect global aspects of your websites appearance. You can also arrange the website layout and user access permission.
- 902-1 WordPress – Understanding Administrator priveleges Resource
- 902-2 WordPress – General Settings including Page titles Resource
- 902-3 WordPress – Writing and Reading Settings – including Home page formatting Resource
- 902-4 WordPress – Writing and Reading Settings – Setting Home and Blog Pages Resource
- 902-5 WordPress – Reading Settings – Number of Posts and RSS Feed intro Resource
- 902-6 WordPress – Permalinks, page names and Search Engine Optimisation Resource
- 902-7 WordPress – Managing Users, modifying roles and creating new users Resource
- 902-8 WordPress – Deleting Users and allocating links and posts Resource
- 902-9 WordPress – Introduction to Plugins – download WPtouch for iPads and iPhones Resource
- 902-10 WordPress – Working with Premium Plugins like GravityForms Resource
Design options and Themes
Background colours, and header images are just the beginning. Learn to install free and premium themes and then customise them using widgets, plugins, custom menus and RSS newsfeeds
- 903-1 WordPress Design – Changing the layout completely with different Themes Resource
- 903-2 WordPress Design – Finding the best theme and downloading it Resource
- 903-3 WordPress Design – Installing and activating a theme Resource
- 903-4 WordPress Design – Theme appearance options are specific to the theme Resource
- 903-5 WordPress Design – Background and Header appearance for default WordPress theme Resource
- 903-6 WordPress Design – Uploading your own background image Resource
- 903-7 WordPress Design – Working with widgets and the sidebar Resource
- 903-8 WordPress Design – Widgets in more detail – tag cloud, text, meta Resource
- 903-9 WordPress Design – Create alternate menus and apply them to your theme Resource
- 903-10 WordPress Design – Customising menus with external links and categories Resource
- 903-11 WordPress Design – Advanced Theme Appearance Options Resource
- 903-12 WordPress Design – Different Widgets for different Themes Resource
- 903-13 WordPress Design – Widgets and RSS newsfeeds Resource
Website Hosting Control Panel – email
Your website hosting control panel provides you with stats about your website usage, but most importantly your email and other applications. Learn how to manage your email accounts and email access.
- 60X 1 Website Hosting – Control Panel Resource
- 60X 2 Website Hosting – Create an Email Account Resource
- 60X 3 Website Hosting – Setting up the Email Account on your computer Resource
- 60X 4 Website Hosting – Using your email address with webmail Resource
- 60X 5 Website Hosting – Email Catch-all, Forwarder and AutoResponders Resource
- 60X 6 Website Hosting – Website Statistics and logs Resource
Blogs, Posts and RSS Feeds
We have all the training videos and they will be uploaded shortly (no extra cost for you to access). Syndication gives you the power to be many places at once. When you write a blog that article can be made to appear in your readers inbox, on other websites and of course at your blog.
Google have a range of tools to help you gain exposure on the world wide web and one of these tools is called Feedburner. This tool will enable you to have your own email list subscribers attached to your blog.
Can I make my own site?
Yes. We’ve thought of that too. When you enrol for the Online WordPress course, choose the option that provides you with a student website hosting account.