Breaking News & Updates
If ANZ Bank Buys MYOB will you EVER need to reconcile again? - eepurl.com/h5nqbH
Our team did a little research into job sites for accounting jobs and thought we’d explore a bit about why people like using the major job board in Australia.
The biggest reason is that they are the biggest job board in Australia so most advertisers spend the little bit extra to promote their positions available at the site. But there are some great tools for job seekers to be registered on the site.
I was speaking with Ross from the Career Academy and he mentioned that signing up for Job Alerts with Seek is one of the most important things you can do.
It ensures you receive alerts via email for the Job title and description you use to define your job search. It can also help you narrow your search to part-time, contract, & Intern accounting jobs.
Other tools that accounting job seekers like are:
- Your resume is stored at Seek
- You can have different version of your resume depending on the job you apply for
- You can store your own cover letters on Seek
- You can create your own cover letters or use one of the cover letters you’ve used before
- You can see when an employer has viewed your application
- You can add jobs you’ve found to favourite and apply for them later on when you have the time.
Just Like LinkedIn You Can Now Create a Profile
LinkedIn has been trying to disrupt the job listing market in Australia (and the rest of the world) for a long time and one of their most used tools is the profile, where you can
- list all the details about where you’ve worked,
- show your education and work skills that employers are interested in.
- reveal testimonials (like references) from people you’ve worked with
Learn more about Seek Profiles at the Seek Website.
Our Accounting Courses in Xero, QuickBooks Online, MYOB AccountRight, MYOB Essentials and Microsoft Office are built around real world-scenarios to help prepare students for accounting jobs and office administration jobs and come with a number of extra free courses.
-- Did you like what you read? Want to receive these posts via email when they are published? Subscribe below.